Blogtember // Day 5: Best birthday




Hoppin' on the Blogtember link-up again today and answering today's prompt:

What was your most memorable birthday?

My most memorable birthday was my 29th birthday in the summer of 2015. I was newly engaged to Greg and it was my first visit back to Texas since he proposed in Oregon, so it was a sweet trip where I kept thinking, "Wow, this state is going to be my home in a few months!" Greg knows I love celebrating birthdays and he made sure to make it the sweetest day. He kept everything a surprise, which is thoughtful since I typically ruin people's surprises and cannot keep my own ... so he did a fantastic job!

He picked me up from my friend's house early on my birthday and surprised me with my favorite flowers: peonies! He searched high and low all over San Antonio for peonies because they were running out of stock! He then took my to my favorite breakfast/brunch place in San Antonio, Magnolia Pancake Haus, a quaint Bavarian-style restaurant with delicious food! It was a great start to the day (and for my 30th bday this summer, he continued the tradition and took me there again!)

He then surprised me with a day trip to Fredricksburg, a small town in the Texas Hill Country about an hour from San Antonio. I had heard lots of great things about it and seen plenty of Pinterest photos, so it had been on my mental wish list for months. We walked around, took pics, shopped (I found a cute dress on sale), and found a park to relax in. 

Afterwards, Greg drove me right outside of Fredricksburg to Becker Vineyards for a little wine tasting and walking around the gorgeous grounds.  

To end the day, he dropped me off at my friend's house so I can change and then picked me back up a half hour later to take me to Texas de Brazil, our favorite San Antonio Brazilian steakhouse. Greg is definitely the bigger meat-eater in the relationship, but I loved trying many different kinds of meat and their salad bar was top notch!

It was a memorable day because we got to do what I love: exploring together, eating great food, and being outside. He knows me so well!

What was YOUR favorite birthday?


Comments