Blog-tember // Day 4: Currently




Linking up with Blogtember today to share what is going on currently in my neck of the woods…
(this is "currently" as of last evening, so does it still count? haha)

Reading… Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk,  Saffire by Sigmund Brouwer, and The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (a re-read and the first pick for a ladies book club I started this summer with gals from church)

Watching… University of Houston and University of Oklahoma football game (well, my husband is watching it and I am blogging next to him on the couch and celebrating with all the great plays by UofH, so it kinda counts, right?


Trying… To decrease our overall restaurant spending this month because dang, food is spendy.


Cooking… One of our favorite meals for dinner tonight: Greek turkey burgers and sweet potato bites. 


Drinking... On this hot summer day, good ol' h2o is the perfect drink of the day!


Going...  To volunteer as the librarian in our church's library Sunday morning. I've been loving this! 


Loving... 3-day holiday weekend with my husband. We have been so busy, so this is a nice break!


Hating …  My A/C hasn't been working in my car, so I can't stand getting all sweaty.

Discovering.... How awesome Overdrive app is! I love how easy it is to download audiobooks to borrow for 3 weeks. My reading game has increased dramatically the past few months because of the audiobooks from Overdrive!


Feeling... Grateful for new married friends in our Young Marrieds Sunday school class. We have gotten to know a lot of them better the past few months, and this weekend we have 4 days in a row with lots of them, so I am just really grateful for community here in Texas. 


Hoping (for)... cooler weather in Texas. It's been a hot first summer living here and I am sooo ready for it to look like fall. I keep hearing that we still have atleast the rest of this month with hot weather before the weather even slightly resembles fall. YIKES, especially with bad A/C in the car!


Celebrating... Our ONE year anniversary in Lake Tahoe next month! SO excited for hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, and taking in the beautiful views with my the love of my life. Has anyone gone? Any tips or must-sees??


Starting... to do squats as part of my workout routine and my legs are hating me right now. 


What are YOU up to currently?


Comments

  1. Oh no I cannot imagine no AC in MN in the summer, let alone Texas! I hope you are able to bear through the last few weeks of high heat! I wish we had a community group like that in our church. I never feel like there is enough support for young couples. If I felt more confident in my journey, I'd start one just not there yet. What do you do/discuss/focus on? Also, Lake Tahoe sounds amazing. So excited for you! Never been, no tips :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh no A/C in your car can be really brutal. Audio books that you can rent/borrow are fabulous. I recently discovered Hoopla through my local library & am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! I haven't heard of Hoopla but I am guessing it is like Overdrive because it connects to my local library too. What a lifesaver, right?! I can listen whenever I am cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, or driving… and Overdrive has so many titles, the options are seemingly endless!

      Delete
  3. We talked about trying to reduce our restaurant spending too! It's just not easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Linda! IT IS SO HARD! We love eating out on the weekends but it adds up so much so I want to be more intentional about preparing meals on Thursdays and Fridays that can have enough extras to feed us during the weekend so we can eat at home. Wish me luck!

      Delete
  4. Those turkey burgers look DIVINE. I'm going to add them to my repertoire! I started to listen to audiobooks within the last year and have loved it too! It's all I listen to in the car now and I get so much more reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think once you make them! We LOVE them and we double the recipe so that we have enough for leftovers a few times that week. YES to audiobooks! I am the same; I listen while doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, and driving. My reading has increased dramatically because of it and I think (or I hope) it is helping me become a better audio listener because I am naturally not great at that

      Delete
  5. Oh man I feel you on AC not working in the car. We didn't have AC in our apartment this summer initially it was miserable being so sweaty! And YAY for your one year and for Lake Tahoe! That sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noooo, no AC in your apartment?? How horrible! Hopefully it was fixed pretty quickly! We have awesome maintenance staff at our apartment, which is one reason we are so glad we are in an apartment now vs a house. We would have no idea how to fix the random things that happen, like our laundry machine making weird noise.

      Delete
  6. We went to Lake Tahoe in July! We stayed on the south end, and really enjoyed checking out Emerald Bay, both by land and by sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! We are staying in the north side but plan on taking atleast one day to visit the south side, especially Emerald Bay! I want to hike around there because the Pinterest photos look SO gorgeous!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness girl, I hear you on restaurants! They're honestly so expensive after a while. And really, I enjoyed eating out a whole lot more when it's a treat, rather than if I do it on a regular basis.

    Also, volunteering in your church library sounds like a great thing to do! I feel like I would love doing that (BOOKS!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! Yes it is such a blessing to have our young marrieds group! It has helped us feel supported as newlyweds! On Sundays, we meet for about an hour before the church service, so we have time to have some fellowship over breakfast and then discuss whatever study we are doing. We alternate between a topic study (usually on marriage) to a Bible book (right now we are on Philippians). We have great discussion and are making a lot of new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it is fun as a treat rather than hey-I'm-too-lazy-to-cook-let's-go-out, which is usually the reason for me!
    And yesss it is fun getting to know the regulars that come visit the library and helping people find a book they're looking for/recommending new ones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice