Back to Classics 2021 Reading Challenge
I started The Classics Club challenge last summer (see my list of 75 classics to read in 5 years HERE), but I have been seeing this Back to Classics challenge on different book blogs since then. I finally checked it out and think it will be a great companion challenge with Classics Club to help me tackle more of the classic novels I have been wanting to read! Basically, there are twelve categories. The more books you read within these categories, the more times you are entered into an year-end drawing for a $30 gift card for buying more books!
Here are the categories. Eleven of the twelve books I chose for these categories were already on my Classics Club list, so it will help me with both challenges this year. Win win!
2. A 20th century classic: any book first published from 1900 to 1971.
4. A classic in translation, meaning any book first published in a language that is not your primary language.
5. A classic by a new-to-you author, i.e., an author whose work you have never read.
6. A classic by BIPOC author; that is, a non-white author.
11. A travel or adventure classic (fiction or non-fiction).
Have you read any of these, and if so, did you enjoy them?