March Goals


FEBRUARY GOALS UPDATE
SPIRITUAL GOALS
  1.  Study 1 Thessalonians 3 and 4 using Jen Wilkin's 5 P Method of Bible Study (scroll down to Women of the Word review for more info on this method  HERE). 
    • UPDATE: I did not have time for Thessalonians since I have been studying Luke and reading the Old Testament. I will put this goal on pause for a few months.
  2. Continue studying Luke with Interface women's mentorship Bible study at church, doing the homiletics homework, praying for the gals in the group, and being honest and real with them.
  3. Continue listening to the Bible through Bible app (Leviticus, Numbers, & start Deuteronomy) to meet 2016 goal of reading the whole Bible using THIS Bible Reading Plan
    • I loved reading the Bible chronologically last month and the videos from The Bible Project on each book of the Bible are super helpful as I start each new book.
  4. Listen to weekly teachings by John Mark Comer on the series,  Year of Bible Literacy
  5. Memorize atleast one verse from Luke 
    • "Who is more important, the one who serves or the one who sits at the table? The one who sits at the table, of course! But not here. For I am among you as one who serves." - Luke 22:27 NLT
  6. Draw/write in Journaling Bible twice
    • It helped writing notes and drawing for certain passages in my Bible reading this month! I am visual, so I was able to memorize my verse of the months this way

PHYSICAL & NUTRITION GOALS
  1. Try 8 new recipes from Bulletproof: The Cookbook and compile a list of favorite on my phone
    • Beef chili, cauliflower "couscous", lamb w/ cumin & sumac, buttered kale, roast sirloin w/ brussel sprouts, pork flank steak, warm lamb with chickpeas
  2. Jog twice a week; build endurance and increase mileage. 
  3. Take vitamins, probiotics, and my magnesium + apple cider vinegar drink all month. 
EMOTIONAL GOALS
  1. Have honest, vulnerable conversations with Greg and trusted friends about fears and anxieties (rather than avoiding issues and allowing them to steal my joy and peace)
    • This was a hard one this month. I had a few tough conversations and I am realizing some hurtful tendencies I have by becoming defensive, withdrawing, and letting myself get angry.
  2. Continue taking a sabbath from social media on Sundays
EDUCATIONAL GOALS
  1. Read & review:  All The Light We Cannot See (Anthony Doerr), A Prayer Journal (Flannery O'Connor), Jesus Is For You (Judah Smith), Wonder (Raquel Palacio); The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis)
    • Yes! Read my reviews for the EIGHT books I read in Feb! This is my reading PR!
  2. Take CPR for Healthcare Professionals class because my card expired a while ago and I need it once I start working again.
SOCIAL GOALS
  1. Have one friend (or a couple) over for a homemade dinner and have intentional conversation, practice hospitality, and don't burn the meal.
  2. Send snail mail to a few friends 
  3. Write to the child I sponsor through Compassion
FINANCIAL GOALS
  1. Work on budgeting with Greg & discussing finances.
  2. Try to sell a few items we no longer use 
    • I sold some clothes and books and made $60
BLOGGING GOALS
  1. Start new series on February 8th, In Every Season: A Series About Connecting Women In Every Season To Grow 
    • Yes! Check HERE for posts from the series!
__________________________
MARCH GOALS
SPIRITUAL GOALS
  1. Continue studying Luke with Interface women's mentorship Bible study at church, doing the homiletics homework, praying for the gals in the group, and being honest and real with them.
  2. Continue listening to the Bible through Bible app (finish Deuteronomy and start Joshua) to meet 2016 goal of reading the whole Bible using THIS Bible Reading Plan
  3. Listen to weekly teachings by John Mark Comer on the series,  Year of Bible Literacy
  4. Draw/write in Journaling Bible 4 times
  5. Memorize atleast two verses from Luke 
  6. One week of the the Seven Sacred Pauses (try to have 3-4 pauses a day)
PHYSICAL & NUTRITION GOALS
  1. Jog twice a week and free weights once a week to build endurance and increase mileage. 
  2. Start Food Elimination Diet to evaluate for any food sensitivities
EMOTIONAL GOALS
  1. Have honest, vulnerable conversations with Greg and trusted friends about fears and anxieties (rather than avoiding issues and allowing them to steal my joy and peace)
  2. Continue taking a sabbath from social media on Sundays
  3. Take one week off from social media 
EDUCATIONAL GOALS
  1. Read & review 4-5 books
  2. Review old nursing coursework and journal articles to prepare for starting my new jobs
SOCIAL GOALS
  1. Have a couple over for a homemade dinner and have intentional conversation
  2. Write to the child I sponsor through Compassion
FINANCIAL GOALS
  1. Work on budgeting with Greg & discussing finances.
BLOGGING GOALS
  1. Continue new series, In Every Season
FUN CHALLENGES
  1. Two acts of kindness towards strangers
  2. Play my violin atleast twice 

What are your goals this month? How did you do with February's goals?

    Comments

    1. This is awesome and very well thought out! Definitely something we should all do! Thanks for sharing and encouraging!
      Take care and God bless!
      Valarie

      ReplyDelete
    2. Girl, you crushed February's goals! Can't wait to read how March turns out!
      Peace, Sarah
      simplysarahs.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. girl you KILLED your february goals!!

      and i am loving your march goals...especially the honest conversations and those social goals! you've got this!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    I love to hear your thoughts!

    Elle Alice