Travel Tuesday: cruisin' through San Fran [pt. 3]

Our eleven-mile bike ride came to an end with a one-mile steep descent  from the northern end of the Golden Gate Bridge down to the absolutely charming town of Sausalito (sitting a mere 13 feet from sea level). We were exhausted, so we parked our rental bikes at a bike parking lot (how adorable is that?!) and grabbed ice-cream to cool ourselves down. 

I am an introvert, so after spending the whole day with my siblings, I needed a few minutes alone. Luckily, they were chilling out and didn't mind if I'd disappear for a little while. So I went on a little adventure to explore . . . and found the marina. Oh, gosh, I was so happy! Have I mentioned how much I love marinas? I think I must have because every time I fine one, I just want to burst out into song! I relaxed, had a bit of time to pray and reflect on the fun day, and practice a little photography. It was a very happy hour!


I then walked through the main street and did a bit of window shopping while I admired the architecture. How have I not heard about this quant little corner of sweetness before this trip? I absolutely adored it! Sausalito, you have a special place in my heart.
Eventually, we had to head back home, so we hopped onto the Sausalito--Fisherman's Wharf ferry. I stole a few more glances at this memorable resting stop from our bike tour of San Francisco. 
 We slowly floated on towards our destination and caught site of two sites we came to endearingly shout out every time we saw them in our view, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz

Have you been to Sausalito? If so, what did you enjoy most about it?

{have you checked out part ONE and TWO and THREE of the Cali road trip so far?}

Comments

  1. I love your photos of the marina! All the boats and the sparkling sea... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I felt like I was in Europe! It was so peaceful and beautiful! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I finally can say on one of your traveling posts: Been there and done that too! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!!! Isn't it awesome?! I hope to return and stay in Sausalito a bit longer next time

      Delete
  3. Love marinas! And I didn't get to see Sausalito, but that little place is adorable and I would love to venture around it! That ferry ride gave some great views of the Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved the ferry! So relaxing after a full day worth of bike riding! You should see Sausalito next time you visit San Fran! I absolutely loved it!

      Delete
  4. Oh how beautiful, looks like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krysten… you're right, it was a perfect day!!

      Delete
  5. Great post! The last time I was in Sausalito, we took a ferry to Alcatraz! It was SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is so cool! We wanted to do that but realized how far in advance we should have booked out and didn't even try. But maybe one day!!

      Delete
  6. I love marinas too! I've never been there, or taken a bike tour of a city, but it sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie! I LOVED using a bike to tour this area of San Fran. It was active (which is great since we ate a lot of great food!), but easy to stop to take photos or soak it all it. And it is faster than walking, so you cover more ground!

      Delete
  7. I am loving all of your San Francisco photos! I've driven through (or past) San Francisco multiple times but have never taken the time to stop and sight see. That marina looks like the perfect place to spend some time alone (and as an introvert with siblings, I can totally relate!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah, my home! Makes me miss the SF Bay Area!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice