goodbye july, hello august

I meant to be very productive this month, but life happened. My sweet grandma went to be with Jesus, so family-time, quiet time, and just being rather than doing became the priority this month. Even so, I still made some headway on some goals and am looking forward to working on my August goals


July Goals
+ jog outside twice a week and find new trails and/or roads
+ post a 6-month update on the goals I made in January [HERE]
+ listen to atleast 1 new Bulletproof Radio podcast or other health-related podcast
+ get to bed by 11:30pm [I'd say 50%, which is great for me!]
+ read Bittersweet and Meet Me In The Meadows. Start C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity
+ memorize 2 new verses [Micah 6:8, Matt 6: 21]
+ finish #SheReadsTruth study on the Sermon on the Mount
+ liver detox/ juice cleanse
+ figure out a new plan to pay off my grad school loans
+ meet or atleast schedule skype date with a few friends and lunch or tea with local friends and 3 older women who I dearly love and want to seek wisdom from. [skype chat with Natalie from Heart Stirrings]
+ 2 new paleo recipes [kale cobb salad was great, paleo tortillas were horrible]
_______________________________________________


August Goals
+ jog outside twice a week and find new trails and/or roads
+ listen to atleast 1 new Bulletproof Radio podcast or other health-related podcast
+ get to bed by 11:30pm
+ read Meet Me in the Meadows and Mere Christianity and three chapters from Desiring God
+ liver detox/ juice cleanse
+ meet with three friends for coffee/lunch
+ meet with my "little sister" I mentor
+ enjoy "living in the moment" when my boyfriend visits me for 5 days [rather than worrying about being apart again and stealing joy away from the brief time we get to spend together]
+ finish the Justice study through She Reads Truth  [it is sooo good!]
+ start a new series [more info coming soon!]
[family time at the beach during 4th of July weekend]



Comments

  1. So glad we got to chat! It's always time well spent in my opinion, and enjoy all the adventures you have planned for August =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie . . . it was a pleasure [even through the technical difficulties!].

      Delete
  2. I've been reading Bittersweet recently and I love it! Mere Christianity is on my list too but it's buried in a box somewhere right now. I wish we could have another Starbucks date! It was such a treat last time :) You'll have to let me know how Meet Me in the Meadows is. I haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could have another starbucks date too, girl! That was awesome! Yes, I LOVED Bittersweet! And I am going through Mere Christianity with my boyfriend, which helps, because it can be pretty weighty/hard to understand and it's one of his favorite books, so I get to learn a lot from him. Otherwise, a lot would go over my head!I heard about Meet Me in the Meadows from a blogger. It is a little devotional of sorts. There are short excerpts on flowers and weeds, a life lesson or character of God that can be gleaned from that plant, and a Bible verse that corresponds. I really enjoy it because I love learning about our Creator from His creation, so it's all so interesting . . . plus, I have been wanting to start learning my flower names, so that's another reason for reading it! I am going to start a series pretty soon that is similar to this because I have learned so much about God from nature in the past few years!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice