Travel Tuesday // cruisin' through San Fran [pt 2]

We continued our waterfront adventure as we rode closer and closer to the Golden Gate Bridge (see the first part of the day) and soon arrived to the Palace of Fine Arts. I felt like we had traveled through a time-travel machine back to the glory days of ancient Greece or Rome. Built in 1915 for the Panama-Pacific Exposition, it seems out of place in the busy Marina District of San Francisco. But in reality, it is exactly what is needed to balance the busy district. It is a quiet oasis perfect for an afternoon stroll or picnic.

After resting amidst all that beauty, we were ready to tackle a few pretty steep hills to get to to . . .
 . . . the Golden Gate Bridge!
It was a perfect day to ride across! Not too windy, but also not too hot.

Stay tuned for the last part in our 11-mile bike ride around the waterfront of San Fran!

Comments

  1. Oh wow, I would have ever expected that park in San Fran! But I'd love to visit the Golden Gate Bridge one day! The view must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Van! Me neither! I saw photos from other friends a few years back and decided I NEEDED to see this for myself one day! And yes, that view was crazy awesome!

      Delete
  2. These pictures are simply lovely! I so enjoyed seeing a little bit of San Fran back in March and was really blown away by the beauty of the area around the Golden Gate Bridge! I would love to Bike across it! Thanks for sharing with us! :)
    :) Rebecca
    p.s.- your shirt is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebecca! Yes, I was truly blown away by the beauty around Golden Gate Bridge as well! The bike ride was an excellent way to explore, especially with three adventurous brothers who can't sit still for too long ;)
      And thank you for the compliment on my shirt! I found that tank in London last summer at the Camden Market and love it

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is a beautiful area, so it was easy to photograph!

      Delete
  4. I had never seen photos of the Palace of Fine Arts before - no idea that was in SF. Thanks for sharing - love finding out about new places I want to see one day. Cheers - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! Yes, I felt like I was in Europe for a bit! It seemed so out of place, yet so perfectly situated as a little oasis from the busyness of the marina!

      Delete
  5. Great pictures! Would love to visit San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sammy! You totally should! So beautiful down there!

      Delete
  6. I just want to travel with you.
    seriously you're always having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet, Amy! Heck yes, that would be fun!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh wow, that's amazing, it looks like you're in Europe or something! And your pictures are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Camila! Yes, I agree... I felt like I was in Europe! It was a perfect little oasis in the middle of the tourist attractions!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice