[belated] Travel Tuesday // cruisin' through San Fran [p.1]
I have been slacking on Travel Tuesdays since coming back from my 3 weeks of adventures in June, but for understandable reasons [my sweet grandma's passing, mainly]. But I find simple joys in reminiscing the sunny days in California, so I enjoyed looking back at the photos and remembering the stories that went along with them.
Our fun-filled California roadtrip left-off a few weeks ago as we were meandering through giant redwoods. Today, I am sharing the first part of our biking tour of the San Francisco waterfront. My siblings and I rented bikes from a vendor at the Ferry Building and we ventured across 11 miles of gorgeous scenery of the Bay area: Golden Gate Bridge, the Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman's Wharf, and the adorable Sausalito. It was a perfect way to be active while still soaking in all the history and beauty of this corner of San Francisco.
| Ferry Building, hub of many of the ferries traversing the Bay |
![]() |
| Fisherman's Wharf with all it's distractions |
There is something so calming and tranquil about being near water. It is the same for me whether near a bay, river, ocean, or lake. So you can imagine my pure joy riding in the somewhat windy -- but altogether glorious -- June day.
I really like marinas. There is something very calming about them, which may be related to my aforementioned love for any body of water. I could probably sit on a dock for hours, admiring the ripples of water as the boats rocked from side to side, as the reflection of the clear blue sky illuminated the bay.


Funny story: my youngest brother Timmy would not allow me to take any action shots on his bike because he had to wear a helmet, and lucky for him, the only one available that fit him had flames on it! Apparently, there is a local law that kids must wear helmets and will get a ticket if they're caught without a helmet, even if they're from out of town. He was in a sour mood at first, especially since we kept remarking on his adorable helmet ;-)
We rode our little hearts out that day!
Stay tuned for next week when I get to share the gorgeous Palace of Fine Arts during our biking tour of San Francisco!


oh my gosh - those strawberries & boats = LOVE
ReplyDeleteI totally have a thing for marinas/boats! so peaceful and beautiful!
DeleteI have the same feelings towards water and marinas! And San Fran is so gorgeous. I never tire of looking at the Golden Gate. What an awesome way to see the city...on bike! Fun! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jess! Yes, it really is so gorgeous! And yes, we loved taking the bikes across the marina district! Such a fun way to explore a large amount of ground in one day!
DeleteLOVE San Fran! We lived there when I was little, and oh how I miss just being a short drive away from the beach =)
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't know you lived there when you were younger! We visited Carmel and the surrounding beaches (like the 17 Mile Drive) and I fell in loooove with those beaches!
DeleteLove the San Fran posts! I've been a few times this year, and finally biked to the Golden Gate bridge on one trip. So fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I loved the bike trip! It was a perfect way to see the city!
Delete