Back to Classics: Wrap-Up Post


In January, I joined the  Back to Classics challenge as a way to help me tackle more of the classic novels I have been wanting to read! Basically, there are twelve categories. The more books you read within these categories, the more times you are entered into an year-end drawing for a $30 gift card for buying more books! I read books in 9 of the 12 categories, so that gives me 2 of the possible 3 entries in the drawing. (Since contact info is requested: If I should win, I can be contacted at epost622@gmail.com). Here is the wrap-up post with my list. The titles of the books are linked to my reviews.

1. A 19th century classic: any book first published from 1800 to 1899


2. A 20th century classic: any book first published from 1900 to 1971. 


3. A classic by a woman author.


4. A classic in translation, meaning any book first published in a language that is not your primary language. 

The Wreath (Kristin Lavransdatter (#1) by Sigrid Undset (1920) DID NOT READ

5. A classic by a new-to-you author, i.e., an author whose work you have never read.


6. A classic by BIPOC author; that is, a non-white author.

Brown Girl, Brownstones by Paule Marshall (1959) DID NOT READ

7. New-to-you classic by a favorite author -- a new book by an author whose works you have already read. 

8. A classic about an animal, or with an animal in the title. 


9. A children's classic. 


10. A humorous or satirical classic.


11. A travel or adventure classic (fiction or non-fiction). 


12. A classic play. Plays will only count in this category.

The Fiddler on the Roof by Joseph Stein (1964)  DID NOT READ





Comments