October Photo Diary



October was an amazing month full of adventures! Here are some October snapshots from top left:

--> I read This Is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving Where You Live by Melody Warnick and started my own Love Your City Challenge to help me get to know San Antonio better. I have been unfairly comparing it to Portland and Seattle, two places in which I lived and LOVED, but want to feel more rooted here. The book dives into placemaking as well as challenges to get to know your city better (from politics, seasonal and local foods, supporting  local business, walking more, etc). I've been studying Texas history and flora (with children's books, but still!), searching for new restaurants to try out, looking into more local foods, and I started jogging at a nearby trail more regularly. All of these things, along with working on a heart change/attitude change have been really encouraging in making Texas truly feel like home. The fact that the weather is going to (hopefully!) start cooling down has also helped!

--> Greg and I had been praying for an opportunity to serve together since we were engaged so we were super excited to start volunteering with YoungLife Capernaum, a ministry centered on showing Jesus' love to teens with intellectual and physical disabilities through fun games, music, and a gospel presentation. We had the kickoff club and it went really well. It will be great to develop lasting friendships with the teens as well as the other volunteers. 

--> The top right and middle photos are taken on the nearby trail I have been LOVING this month! There are always deer on the first section of the trail near the parking lot. I've ran more often in October than I have in months -- possibly the most all year! Hoping the momentum will keep going this month.

--> We had a fun morning walking around the farmer's market in the Pearl Brewery, ate our favorite gluten-free crepes, and hung out in the stunning lobby of the Emma Hotel (where I took a pic of Greg). Since the hotel is really expensive, we are happy to just hang out in the lobby and library whenever we are in the Pearl area. 

--> We turned ONE this month! We spent five days in Lake Tahoe to celebrate our anniversary and I am excited to share some photos from our adventures soon on the blog! I wrote some thoughts on our first year of marriage HERE.

--> We went to a pumpkin patch with a couple of married friends and loved the Texas flag painted on a wall.

_____________________________________

What were some of your favorite October moments?

Comments