Goodbye, 2015: favorite moments from the first half

Goodbye, 2015! You were so good to me!

2015 came and went pretty quick, and it was hoppin' with lots of exciting moments and memories! I got engaged and married this year and went on trips to NYC, Yellowstone, and various Texas trips. It was a year of good reading, growing in the blogging community through link-ups, as well as learning to deal with some deep-rooted anxiety and fears through trusted community. 

Come along for a walk down memory lane as I share a few memories from the first half of 2015!

January
>> I started off the year with reviewing goals from 2014 and sharing my goals for 2015
>> Celebrated one year together with Greg during a trip to San Antonio
>> Books I read: Women of the Word, Surprised By Oxford, and Mere Christianity. See reviews here.

February
>> I ran my first 5k ever in San Antonio with Greg at the end of February! It had been a goal for a few years to run a race and this was a great one! We ran around a few of the mission in the Missions National Historical  Park. A few friends ran the half marathon and the 10k, but I was happy with finally running a 5k race. 
>> Finished my posts that reviewed my 1000 gifts journal (inspired by Ann Voscamp's book, One Thousand Gifts). I shared some of my favorite gifts (blessings) from the previous year.
>> Books I read: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society, And The Mountains Echoed, Jesus Among Other Gods, and I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings. See my reviews here.

March
>> Spent a weekend in Seattle for PNP continuing education and catching up with friends
>> Finished a two-month study on Philippians using Jen Wilkin's "5P Method" of studying the Bible (I wrote about this here; scroll down to Women of the Word book review)
>> Saw a theatrical production of The Great Divorce, performed by three stellar actors
>> Books I read: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, The Total Money Makeover, Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole. The House Girl, and Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew. See my reviews here.

April
>> Greg visited Portland and we celebrated his birthday as well as Easter together! We explored Portland and also made time for day-trips to Hood River and Seattle (see my post). 
>> Spent a half-day with my grandma, mom, and sister in Woodland, WA exploring two beautiful gardens: The Woodland Tulip Festival and the Hulda Klager Lilac Festival
>> Posted about the story behind one of my favorite hymns, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.
>> Books I read: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Horse and His Boy; The Magic of Ordinary Days; Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; The Great Divorce. See my reviews.

May 
>> Greg surprised me with a visit to Portland the first weekend of May and PROPOSED! Read the story here.
>> Started "Journal of a Miss to Mrs", a series of posts on what I learned throughout engagement and newlywed seasons. 
>> Spent a week in NYC with my sisters and Greg!!! (see the posts: part [one], [two], and [three]
>> Finished a two-month study on Habbakuk using the 5P method (I wrote about this here; scroll down to Women of the Word book review)
>> Books I read: I Tried Until I Almost Died, Mama Maggie, Savor, The Pearl, and Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. See the reviews here.

June 
>> Celebrated my 29th birthday in San Antonio with Greg and my SA friends (& rode the scariest ride at Fiesta Texas)
>> Wrote about the story behind another favorite hymn, His Eye Is On The Sparrow
>> Books I read: The Porcelain Thief; Kelly Tough; And the Shofar Blew. See my reviews here.
Stay tuned for memories from the second half of 2015!

Comments

  1. Such an exciting year for you!! I love the format of this post and all the photos that go along with it! Can't wait for the 2nd half!!
    P.S. - yay for getting engaged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mattie! I posted the 2nd half a few days ago. Spoiler alert: I got married! It was a great year!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love this wrap-up of your year since it was quite busy, but exciting all at the same time! I think it’s amazing that you were able to read each month as much as you did (something I still manage to not get around to doing, haha). And yay for your accomplishment of finishing your first 5k! It’s such a rewarding feeling! Oh, and you know, getting engaged and married. Hope you’re enjoying everything awesome that marriage has to offer :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! Yes, it was a super busy year! But it was by far my favorite year ever! And yes, I am definitely enjoying everything awesome that marriage has to offer! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice