Travel Tuesday: Seattle Day Trip

Seattle Day Trip 
In early April, Greg was visiting the Northwest and we wanted to visit my home away from home, Seattle. We spent the day exploring downtown in true tourist fashion, hitting up all the beloved spots.

We started the day with ample fuel for our busy day of exploring at my favorite breakfast spot in Seattle, Portage Bay Cafe. I usually go to either the Ballard or Roosevelt (U-Village) locations, but the South Union restaurant was closest to downtown. Greg loved the (GF) Buckwheat pancakes with all the fixings and I ordered the usual (the delicious dungeness crab cake benedict). 
Once we filled ourselves with the amazing food and were ready to start exploring, we headed for the Space Needle. We relaxed with tea inside the observation area and then braved the strong winds once it was dry enough. We even got to try out the new Selfie Cam to snap a photo of us, which was included in the entrance fee.

We then drove a few miles down to Pike Place Market and explored the booths while enjoying the sun that decided to peak out.

You can't be walking through Pike Place and neglect the Gum Wall or the obligatory photos in front of  market signs.  My favorite part of the shops and booths are the flower booths. So many gorgeous bouquets to choose from. Greg bought me this beautiful one ... nothing beats Pike Place's fresh flowers!
 To end the day, we strolled through Pier 57 and rode the Seattle Great Wheel, which has been on my bucket list since it was built several years ago. The sun was shining brightly and the view was outstanding! 

We had an awesome time in the Emerald City and were so thankful the weather cooperated for the majority of the day. 

Comments

  1. Those views are amazing! I have only driven through Seattle but I would love to actually check out some of the sights one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice