blogtember challenge // a day in the life

Today I am hopping onto the Blogtember challenge hosted by the darling Bailey Jean from Brave Love. I have been enjoying my blogging buddy's posts in the last several weeks and have been wanting to join at some point, so I finally am hoping to join in the fun every now and then until it ends. 

Bailey's prompt for today:  "Share a day in the life. Pictures, timelines, stats, however you like"

I am going to share some photos from today. I wouldn't say it is a typical day since it is Saturday and my Saturdays are never identical, but it was definitely a fun day since I had a Sister Day!

My sisters live thirty miles south of where I live and we see each other at least once a week when I visit the family for our Sunday family lunches. But we decided on a last-minute sister sleepover last night. We watched an Irish comedy (Waking Ned Devine), had quiet reading time afterwards, and I let them sleep in this morning while I did my Bible study ("Open Your Bible" series from She Reads Truth).
I then made breakfast for them and we soon set out towards downtown Portland to catch the tail end of the summer's exhibit at the Portland Art Museum showcasing Paris' Tuileries gardens. We have all visited Paris in the last two years, so it was a stroll down memory lane as we saw artwork depicting the Louvre and the Tuileries gardens. It was also great to read some history while we were admiring the masterpieces. We then walked a few blocks down to get lunch at Elephants in the Park, which is in the middle of Director Park, a fun concrete park with ping-pong tables and mutuple chess sets for the public. The girls each had burgers and I had fish tacos (they were amazing!).
We headed back to the museum and explored the impressionism area (my favorite era of art), where I was grinning ear to ear as I saw a few paintings by my three favorite Impressionist artists, Claude Monet, Edgar Degas, and Camille Pissarro. (Side note: I was really bummed last summer when I discovered Pissarro's artwork at Musee d'Orsay and assumed Camille was a she. I googled and found that Camille so most definitely not a woman, but a very hair man! HAHA!)

We eventually headed back to my apartment and they headed back home while I drove to my favorite cafe to do some blogging and reading, which is where I currently find myself now :-) So there you have it, a day (though not yet completed) in the life of Elle at Beautiful Hope

Comments