june goals

May Goals
++  spend 1/2 hour each week reviewing journal articles and notes on nursing-related education
(I did not do this all month, but I did it last week. Hey, I gotta start somewhere, right? I reviewed some peer reviewed articles on skin conditions as well a listened to some podcasts on "bulletproof radio".)
++ choose a day each week to pray for the clinic I work at.
(I need to remind myself to do this more consistently and purposefully throughout the day because I tend to only say a prayer in the mornings prior to getting to work, but then when the stress and worries arise, I often forget to just get away a few minutes and pray.) 
++ get off phone and computer by 11pm & no electronics in bed 
(Not completely there yet, but getting closer! In bed by 11-11:30)
++ daily journal 3 gifts 
(Yes! Though I have slacked recently, I catch up midweek)
++ memorize 3 new verses
(Neh.9:17b; Neh. 8:10; John 4:13-14)
++ blog 2-3/week, including the current series: Travel TuesdayPraising through Pain,  Cooking with Elle, & Elle's Book Reviews
(I have slacked on blogging this month, but I did post some recipes, revisited my spring goals, and shared pics from Seattle.)
++ Continue using She Reads Truth studies and journal prayers/thoughts
(I just finished Nehemiah from She Reads Truth and it was amazing!)
++ 4 new paleo recipes
(Yes! Chicken Gumbo, Healing Vegetable Bisque, Honey Lemon Chicken, Colorful Winter Salad, Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Salmon!)
++ Finish reading The Explicit Gospel. 
(Yes! Took me 2 months, but it is easily one of my favorite books on theology) 

_____________________________________

June Goals
This month is going to be FUN! I've been waiting months and months for June to roll on by! It's my birth month, so it's always been my favorite, but I've also always loved the sunny days and fragrant blooming peonies of June. Well, this June I get to add a few more reasons to love June. I have two exciting trips this month (and another the first week of July!). I am going on a road trip to San Francisco with several of my siblings and then a few days later, I visit a few of my favorite people in Texas :-) 

Here are some goals for this fun month!

+ memorize 2 verses 
+ learn 3 new paleo recipes
+ finish the Food Elimination Diet I started 2 weeks ago to evaluate any food sensitivities
+ start a new She Reads Truth study (I got my Titus and Ruth packs ready!)
+ read 2 out of the 4 books I plan to read this summer: Hope Rising ( Scott Todd), Sarah's Key (Tatiana de Rosnay), Bittersweet (Shauna Niequest), & Meet Me in the Meadow (Deborah Hedstrom-Page)
+ blogging might be less frequent this month due to all the traveling, but I'll try to post at least once a week. 
+ post a 6-month update on the goals I made in January
+ read pediatric health-related articles or old power points to brush up on topics (30min at least 2 weeks)
+ listen to atleast 2 new Bulletproof Radio podcasts (call me a nerd, but I have been fascinated about learning about ketosis and using (good) fats to help you lose fat. Sounds ironic, right?)
+ get to bed by 11:30pm
+ jog outside twice a week and find new trails and/or roads
One of my favorite places to jog, sit and read, or walk with a friend

Comments

  1. Love that you write down your goals - I should really do this, but mine seem to change every day! High five to no electronics in bed :)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire! It really helps stay focused and intentional during the month! Although I need to admit, the electronics goal still has a lot of room for improvement! (Notice what time I am typing this.. 12:48am. Yikes!)

      Delete
  2. You did SO well on your May goals! Wow, I'm impressed and challenged! :) Also, yay for birthday month!! Always fun. And I'm jealous of your road trip to San Fran! I LOVED it so much. Can't wait to see your pictures from that trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess!!! What did you like most about San Fran? If you have a few tips or things you'd like to share, my email is elena62286@hotmail.com.

      Delete
  3. You have such a beautiful place to read/walk/jog! What a sweet gift! Congrats on meeting goals & setting new ones. I think it's a brave thing to set goals, lately I haven't been feeling like I want to, but I'm going to give it a try again sometime here soon... you've inspired me with your list. Have a blessed rest of the week!
    Love your sis-in-Christ,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bess!! I have been trying to be intentional this month and goals seem to help with that. Otherwise, I get into a rut of repeating the same bad habits and never making progress. It has helped to post them for accountability!

      Delete
  4. You're going to love Bittersweet Elle! It's my favorite from Shauna, but that's probably because I read it when I was in a similar season as she was when she wrote it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got some great goals accomplished AND LISTED!
    i need to get back on the she reads truth bandwagon, they have such great stuff and i need to buckle down and use it!
    thank you for the kick, inspiration, and motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice