the seine scene // {europe 2012}


//  d a y  f i v e  //

Sarah and I had stayed around near our cousins' flat on our fourth day because I needed a day to try to get my energy back. I was feeling so worn out and sick and it was so frustrating since there was still so much to see! Finally on day five, I was starting to have a bit more energy and with three more full days in Paris, I was eager to get back into the city.  I had certain landmarks I wanted to see today and had a full day's itinerary planned, but I decided to switch things up a bit because we had  discounted coupons for BatoBus on our metro card. BatoBus is a hop-on-hop-off tour bus floating along the Seine River and stopping at 8 stops.

{ first stop:  n o t r e  d a m e } 



I could not get sick of walking along the Seine. 


{ second stop: jarden des plantes } 


spanning a great corner of the 5th arrondissement, the garden is the main botanical garden in Paris.



{ third stop: hotel de ville / marais } 

 



Musee Carnavalet  is a museum dedicated to the history of Paris that has been opened to the public since 1880. The best part? It's free, free, free!




 



 My personal favorite part of the Marais district is Place des Vosges, which is the oldest square in Paris. Many famous French people lived in these apartments, including Victor Hugo (1832-1848). We tried to find his home, which is now a (free!) museum, but ended up just resting and enjoying the view









Also in the Marais/Beaubourg area is the Centre Georges Pompidou, a modern eye-sore in my opinion. I was not impressed. 

 

Although there were several more stops, we chose to hang out at le Tour Eiffel and catch it during the few moments of beautiful  skies. 



*  *  *


I'm excited to post our next adventure soon : our day trip to the royal palace and gardens of Versailles! Stay tuned!

Comments