goodbye 2015: second half of the year

Today, I am continuing my review of 2015. It was a fun year full of adventures and celebrations! Here is the second half of the year's favorite moments!

[See the first half of the year here]
_______________________________________
July
>> wrote another entry in the "Journal of a Miss to Mrs" on how productivity, perfectionism, and people-pleasing can steal joy. 
>> Spent a weekend with cousins at Pacific City, OR. 
>> Spent six days road-tripping to Yellowstone and exploring the beauty of the national park with my family and Greg. See the posts [one] [two
>> Greg and I had our engagement photos done [see them here]
>> Books I read: Elsie Dinsmore: Book 1; The Memory Keeper's Daughter; Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul. [Read my reviews here]
August
>> I wrote about the heart behind the Proverbs 31 woman in the "Journal of a Miss to Mrs" series
>> Had a garage sale to sell stuff before my move to San Antonio.
>> Books I read: Where'd You Go, Bernadette?; Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader; Longbourn; 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess. [Read my reviews here]

September
>> Moved all my belongings from Oregon to Texas, a 2,000 mile road-trip with my parents. They met Greg's parents for the first time, my dad fell in love with Rudy's BBQ (he talked in his sleep that night saying, "how did they get the meat so soft?"), and then they went back home and I stayed with friends while driving to Greg's during the day to unpack stuff in our soon-to-be apartment.
>> While in Texas, Greg's family and friends had a wedding shower for us, which was super fun. My San Antonio gals threw a tea party bachelorette party for me the week before. I was a bit spoiled!
>> During the whirlwind month, I managed to post 12 days of Bailey Jean's Blog-Tember Challenge. [see my Blog-Tember posts].
>> Books I read: Lunch in Paris: A Love Story With Recipes; Avenue Of Spies; The Chase; Narnia: The Last Battle. [see my reviews here]

October
>> I had a beautiful bridal shower in Portland, hosted by my hospitable and awesome aunt and decorated/planned by my sisters. The decor was all handmade, an ode to my love for DIY.
>> A group of friends who formed a prayer group that I have been a part of for the past 3 years treated me to a delicious dinner to celebrate my upcoming wedding. Super sweet!
>> Greg and I became Mr. and Mrs. on October 17th!!!! Then hopped on a plane(s) and spent ten days in Maui!
>> Books I read: Surprised By Joy: The Shape of My Early Life; For Women Only; A Moment of Weakness. [See my reviews here].
[wedding photos by Vio Regus Photography]. More wedding photos on my Facebook account
November
>> Shared weekly posts of things Greg and I were thankful for [see posts here]
>> Co-hosted Kiki's The Circle link-up as we all shared what we are thankful for through acrostic poems [see the post]
>> Spent Thanksgiving with Greg's family (three hours away from San Antonio)
>> Books I read: 7 Women; Notes From A Blue Bike, I Am Malala, Waiting for Morning. [Read my reviews here]

December
>> Took a day-trip to Gruene, TX, my favorite little town near San Antonio. [See my post here]
>> Went to a 90s-themed  Christmas Party and dressed the part!
>> Spent time with Greg's family in Houston (and went to a Houston Rockets game!)
>> Joined new friends from our Young Marrieds sunday school class to listen to an army band play Christmas classics in a variety of styles. So fun!
>> Spent our first Christmas as Mr and Mrs in San Antonio. We attended the candlelight Christmas Eve service, ate dinner on the Riverwalk and enjoyed the thousands of lights bedazzling the area, and spent Christmas Day relaxing at home. We opened gifts, watched A Christmas Story and Elf, spent time reading, and just being goofy together.
>> Attended our first wedding together as Mr and Mrs (Greg's cousin and his beautiful bride)
>> Books I read: 7 Men, The Alchemist, Narnia: The Silver Chair, You and Me Forever, The Inner Life, Created to Be His Help Meet. [reviews coming soon]

Tomorrow, I will share my favorite books of 2015!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your wedding and having such a beautiful and fun-packed year!! My fist year of marriage was such a sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice