leavenworth // travel tuesday

I am taking a break from chronicling this summer's Europe trip because I wanted to share some of the memories from this weekend's trip to a Christmas wonderland. It was something I was really excited to cross off from my winter wish list
leavenworth, wa.
The first three weeks of December are filled to the brim with Christmas cheer in this quaint little village surrounded by mountains in eastern Washington. Dazzling lights on evergreens and German-style buildings. Joyful carols under the gazebo at the center of the village. Thousands of tourists warming up in the dozens of gift shops. German sausages, chestnuts roasting on an open fire, warm cider being sold at street corners. Cozy armchairs, a delicious holiday latte, and warming up frozen toes next to a warm fireplace. 
so much to love! 
 We stopped at Starbucks as soon as we arrived to use the restrooms and get a warm cup of something magical. I wanted a cute instagram-worthy pic, so I took a quick gulp of my latte and proceeded to burn my tongue! The photo sequence is priceless. haha
 We then started wandering around this magical Christmas town
We stopped for a yummy lunch at Pavz Cafe Bistro 
 
The next morning, we drove from our Holiday Inn in Wenatchee (20miles away) into Leavenworth to explore the village again.
 The quaint bookstore, A Book For All Seasons.  Of coarse I always end up in the children's corner.
The throng of people in the above photo are all waiting for Bavarian sausages. 
 We saw so many intricately hand-crafted beauties at the Leavenworth Nutcracker Museum
 
My beautiful sisters. The only one missing is my sister-in-law, who couldn't make it this weekend.
 One of the reasons I chose this weekend to visit Leavenworth is because three of my siblings were planning on coming up with the church's youth choir to sing carols in the gazebo. It was fun to listen to their beautiful voices declaring the birth of the Savior King, Jesus!
 My brothers are the two handsome fellas to the right of the mic (green hats)
My sister is to the right of the second row from the bottom (in the mint headband)
 My brother and sisters (above) and my "Little Sis" below :)
 One of my favorite places in Leavenworth is the Bergdorg Cellars, which is a unique winery that is interwoven with beautiful antiques. What an awesome concept, right? I am not much of a wine drinker, but I sure do appreciate antiques, so I had a lovely time exploring this gem!
 Warming up in a cozy coffee shop selling local coffee.
Stay tuned for more photos from the dazzling Christmas lights as well as our family horse-drawn sleigh ride!

Comments

  1. Fantastic photos! It's like a fairytale village.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! And so cool that it's in Washington, it really looks like somewhere in Europe, they did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I totally agree... It looks like its straight out of Germany!

      Delete
  3. mmm! Just hearing you talking about the food makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Greatest Pictures! Nice post! Traveling outside your country and spending some quiet and wonderful moments with your family and friends at beautiful scenic locations around the world is a common phenomenon now. Thanks for giving us information..

    Grand Canyon Tour Companies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a pretty Bavarian town in the US. It looks a lot like Garmisch in Bavaria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany! I will have to google or pinterest Garmisch!!

      Delete
  6. Wow wow and wow! I was seriously in love with these pictures…SO magical:) NOt to mention your family is So adorable:) Now I want to visit there:) xxxoo Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dearie! You totally should go next year! You guys would love it!!

      Delete
  7. What a fun Christmas activity!! Really has that Christmas spirit!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! Yes, it was like sitting in a christmas snow globe!

      Delete
  8. Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I love Leavenworth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susannah! We DID have a wonderful time! I am excited to share more photos soon!

      Delete
  9. You go to the cutest and most fun looking places!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like the cutest little place -- so magical! I'm incredibly jealous! It's so awesome to see what other people do across the world for Christmas. I love your blog, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are so lovely!! And your family is absolutely precious

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE! I need to make it up there for a little sleigh ride next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela!! You totally have to make it up there next year!!! You'd adore it!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice