fun little photo-shoot link up!

“What i like about photographs is that they capture 
a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”

[  K a r l  L a g e r f i e l d  ]

 

I don't often post photos of myself, but was recently invited to a link-up by my adventurous and beautiful (inside + out!) bloggy friend, Katie Cook from Hope Engaged. Katie has been writing on her blog about creativity and thought it would be fun to invite other bloggers to link-up and post a photoshoot of themselves in a way that shows their personality and creativity. 

Fun, right??

As soon as I read her invitation, I thought of the fun impromptu photoshoot my photographer friend Jenn and I did last week when she was teaching me a few things about photography. 
My goal was to learn some new skills that would improve my photos for my upcoming (T-minus 5 days!!) trip to London, Paris, and Nice! Jenn enlightened (pun intended) me about the confusing world of ISO, aperature, and shutter speed, as well as how she positions her subjects to get them in their best light. And then she just said something like, "Look over here ... Now look at that tree ... Now take a picture with your camera ..." and POOF! Out came these photos! Granted, she touched them up a bit to blur out the background, but I was amazed at how natural it was for her! I still have a lot to learn, but it was great seeing a photographer that I admire right in her element . . . not to mention, it was really fun to pose a bit, which is something I am trying to learn to be more comfortable with!

So, without further ado, here are my favorites from our little portrait shoot :)


 


necklace by Noonday Collections
photos by Jenn at Spotted:Stills Photography

Want to link-up and join the fun? Click here to visit Katie's blog + link-up!
Hang out for awhile and read about her + her husband's adventures in Nepal working in an aftercare home for women rescued out of sex-slavery! She inspires me and I absolutely love reading her posts that are straight from her beautiful heart!


Comments

  1. Knowing how to pose people or how to instinctively get them in flattering light or in natural positions is a skill I definitely don't have, but it's a really good skill to learn! You look like you were having a little fun learning about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! I really enjoyed your post today! I LOVED your sisters sari's! And yes, posing people is tough work! I felt like I needed to grab a pencil and paper to jot down all the great tips Jenn was telling me! There's so much to it, but I guess after practicing, it comes naturally ..? I have yet to learn that!

      Delete
  2. I've just realised that I wasn't following you on bloglovin!!! Whoops! My bad! I LOVE these photos of you, you look stunning. And your hair is beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW, thanks Francesca!! You're sweet! Your comments today brought a smile to my face! Glad to be bloglovin pals now! :)

      Delete
  3. oh my GOODNESS GRACIOUS! Girl, you need to start posting more pictures of yourself because YOU are radiant and stunning! You have a heart of gold, and the beauty to match it! Seriously, I smiled so wide reading this entire post. Beauty:) Love you, Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE SO SWEET, KATIE! :) Thanks for this great link-up! It took me out of my comfort zone to post a post with only photos of myself, haha! But it was fun!

      Delete
  4. I love the necklace. Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ameera! I love it too! The necklace is from Noonday Collections, which is a great little company that sells fair-trade jewelry made in third world countries such as Uganda. Part of the proceeds go towards international adoptions and helps support the artisans that create those beautiful pieces! Check out their site in the link! I love Noonday!

      Delete
  5. Love your pictures, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I should have found a crazy-cool mask to wear like your fun ones!! Will you be posting more portraits soon? Those were fun!

      Delete
  6. Gosh girl,you're gorgeous! And you just exude joy. Can't wait to read your blog from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha! I am excited to read YOUR blog too! I wanted to be a grade school teacher when I was young, so I'll live vicariously through your posts :)

      Delete
  7. Girl, you're so pretty! I am in love with all of these photos, but the camera black and white ones are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Kiki! I like the black and white ones too! Funny thing though... When Jenn told me to hold the camera and take a few pics, I kept thinking, "what if a photographer sees these pictures and realizes I am holding the camera wrong?!" haha. Oh well!

      Delete
    2. Haha, well I'm no photographer but it looks right to me! :)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous!! Love the necklace, and your hair and glasses! Too cute, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I love the necklace too! It's by Noonday Collections ... Check out the link for more info. Its a great company with a great ministry! And thanks for liking my glasses, haha. I've had glasses since I was 6, so they've definitely grown on me, quite literally!

      Delete
  9. Your poses are great! and I love your necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! I LOVED your link-up post! And, yeah, I love the necklace too!! It's from Noonday Collections, a fair-trade shop that donates some of the proceeds to overseas adoptions and supports artisans in impoverished countries. Check out the link below the photos! I LOVE their little ministry through beautiful jewelry

      Delete
  10. You are SO ADORABLE! :-) I love this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw you are adorable!!! Love these pictures of you. And I'm sad I already had something scheduled for today. Katie is the best isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is!! And thank you, Allison! You're a sweetheart!

      Delete
  12. you are so cute!! these are just sooo fun :) also, you lucky gal, jetting off to awesome places--have a wonderful time :) you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Kristyn! Yes, so excited for jetting off soon!!

      Delete
  13. Love your photo shooot! You looked like you were having a lot of fun with it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! It WAS fun! And it was a sunny day in Portland, so I had to enjoy it before the clouds returned :)

      Delete
  14. Love these pictures!! Totally jealous of your hair :) Have so much fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayda!! LOL, thanks for hair complement. I LOVE ombre. It's super easy to maintain and works with dressing up as well as casual looks. And it suits my naturally wavy hair, so I don't have to do too much!

      Delete
  15. You look just beautiful! I love the necklace too! I love these photos, and I hope you had a great time learning about photography too! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!

Elle Alice